FLUID POWER TECHNOLOGY
1. How much field effort is required to install your surface unit on location?
Watch our video – A Day in the Life of 480PLUS™ Energy.
2. Is 480PLUS™ hydraulically operated?
Yes. We use FLUID POWER TECHNOLOGY to regulate the polished rod string.
3. How reliable is your hydraulic surface unit?
EXTREMELY RELIABLE, ask us how!
4. Do you use high pressure nitrogen gas to counterbalance the rod string?
480PLUS™ definitely DOES NOT use high pressure gas for the counterweight mechanism. This provides us complete immunity from gas pressure fluctuations as outdoor and machine temperatures change both day and night. No high pressure nitrogen gas means no gas to leak or replace. HOT or COLD 480PLUS™ pumps BLACK GOLD. Watch our video – A Day in the Life of 480PLUS™.
5. Why do you use FLUID POWER TECHNOLOGY?
This technology autonomously adapts to variable well and power grid supply conditions by lifting, lowering, and stopping the polished rod string smoothly, anytime during the pumping process.
6. Is the rod string able to be stopped and held in place upon command?
Yes, 480PLUS™ stops and holds the polished rod stationary, indefinitely, with or without fluid load; it does this on command without overheating or system failure.
7. What limits against pulling or lifting the polished rod too hard?
480PLUS™ limits maximum lifting force to any preset value you have selected.
8. What is the maintenance schedule required of the surface unit?
Change the filters once a year.
9. What is the system fluid life?
The system fluid life is extended greatly by keeping the power fluid cool, clean, and dry.
MECHANICAL and OPERATIONS
1. What is your maximum polished rod travel?
480PLUS™ is sized to offer four hundred eighty inches of polished rod travel today and more coming tomorrow. This stroking distance is infinitely variable, meaning you can use as little as 1” or 480” of polished rod travel. That is your choice.
2. Can you offer greater than 480” of polished rod travel?
Yes, 480PLUS™ will offer greater surface travel once longer polished rods are available to the upstream sector. This is relatively simple for us to provide.
3. What is your structure capacity rating?
80,000lbs is the current structure rating, additional capacity available upon request.
4. How are you able to offer 80,000lbs for a structure capacity rating?
The support column is a very rigid, fabricated steel column which does not move, does not support, or guide the moving counterweight. This construction technique is virtually unlimited to column loading forces.
5. Why do you say more than 80,000lbs structure load is available upon request?
Once 480PLUS™ is recognized as the ultra-long stroke leader, the oilfield industry will experience the advantages of moving more fluid to the surface with its improved efficiencies.
6. What is your wind speed rating?
480PLUS™ is designed for wind loading up to 100mph today, more available if required.
1. What is your minimum rod pumping speed or strokes per minute?
There is no minimum rod pumping speed. We have no minimum “lubrication” speeds. We are permanently lubricated. We can easily provide one stroke per hour if you desire. At such a slow pumping speed the sand within the tubing string can maintain movement. The annulus fluid level is provided time to re-fill. This slow pumping ability could eliminate the need for shutting off, and restarting multiple times per hour?
2. What is your maximum speed or strokes per minute?
Everything is contingent upon how well do your rods fall? If your rods will adequately fall at four, 480” of polished rod travel distance per minute, 480PLUS™ is able to accommodate that pumping speed. Once all well specifics are known it is entirely possible to go faster!
3. How is rod string shock load reduced or eliminated?
480PLUS™ decelerates to zero speed at turn around, and then accelerates to maximum speed the other direction. Acceleration, deceleration and running speed are all infinitely variable from 0-100% in each direction, independently. 480PLUS™ has no rod string shock load at the top and bottom of EACH PUMP STROKE!
4. Can you stop and dwell at the top of pump intake stroke?
480PLUS™ can stop and dwell anywhere. We are exploring this as an additional solution to filling the pump with liquid at the bottom of the well bore.
5. Whose pump off controller do you use?
480PLUS™ does not require the use of a conventional pump off controller or timer, it is all “built in”.
6. Can you generate a downhole pump card?
If you wish, one can be provided.
7. How do you generate a downhole card?
480PLUS™ is adaptable to almost any third-party pump off controller able to generate downhole pump cards. Let’s discuss this topic further.
8. Do you use variable speed electric motor drives or controls?
480PLUS™ does not use variable speed drive(s) for the main motor(s). 480PLUS™ starts under no load condition regardless of where the polished rod was stopped previously. 480PLUS™ uses a soft start bypass contactor to minimize main electric motor inrush currents plus other benefits.
9. How do you correct for power factor?
A static power factor correction capacitor is used to correct for under-loaded main motor conditions. It is also part of the initial system sizing to minimize these under loaded motor conditions.
10. Do you want to tag the pump at the bottom of the stroke?
If your answer is yes, 480PLUS™ offers a simple, efficient, and autonomous means of tagging.
11. Can you control pump tag force?
Yes, 480PLUS™ offers automatic, selectable, adjustable, and on/off zero pump spacing downhole with no additional equipment to purchase or install.
12. How is the downhole pump initially spaced?
Standard oilfield practices apply. 480PLUS™ provides you with additional options to remotely adjust the pump compression ratio of “spacing” without shutting down your well.
1. How are field dynamometer tests performed when well diagnostics are required?
480PLUS™ autonomously performs well testing and integrates the results into the pumping controls without human intervention.
2. What dynamometer tests are performed?
480PLUS™ routinely evaluates the volumetric life of the traveling valve, standing valve, and working barrel for leakage. Testing results are available for viewing anytime.
3. When are dynamometer tests performed?
480PLUS™ is on guard for constant changes in the total well pumping system. A well test is self-triggered after X number of pump cycles, after Y amount of time has elapsed since the last test, and after Z amount of production fall off, or anytime manually requested at the well location with proper password confirmation.